Monday, October 8, 2012

Audio/Video/Podcast - Interview with Dr. Kelly Nix

Greetings!

This assignment was very interesting and I enjoyed doing it very much.  When given this assignment I knew exactly who I would be interviewing.  It was my privilege to interview my friend and ministerial collegue Dr. Kelly Nix.  I won't restate Dr. Nix credentials or what was discussed in the interview but I will say that he teaches theology/religion at 2 seperate colleges.  I basically asked 3 questions.

  1. What is your experience teaching and developing curriculum in an online adult educational environment?
  2. What is ONE technology that you could tell us about that you have used and the promises and downsides to that technology.
  3. Finally, what was a success or failure that you can tell me about in regards to this technology.

Dr. Nix lives in San Antonio, Texas and I live in Olathe, KS so the following interview is an audio only podcast recorded on the same equipment that he uses for his students.  Thank you for listening!


Dr. Kelly Nix


3 comments:

  1. Was it not possible for you to shorten your interview? I found the assignment challenging myself because five minutes isn't a lot of time to ask 3 questions. Next time you have assignment like this, I would keep that in mind because you will loose your listener's attention with such a long podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie

      I totally understand and agree with the length of the podcast. It was my intent to keep it to 5 minutes and I actually discussed this with Dr. Nix. However, with the limited time to do the interview I had to go with what I had. I will definitely make a point to ENSURE the podcast is much shorter or at least within the allowed limitations. The attention span of most people isn't long enough to endure more than about 5 minutes especially if it isn't something they aren't extremely interested in. :)

      Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Andrew,
      I would have had the same problem had my interviewee allowed me to record the interview. I told him it was a five minute presentation and we ended up talking for almost 30 minutes. It can be tough to fit everything you want to say about a subject in five minutes.

      Delete